In case you didn’t know… here's a little knowledge from pH Waterman
1. The term “pH” means the Power of Hydrogen. The pH Scale runs from 0-14.
2. The “alkaline” in Alkaline Water refers to its pH level. The pH level is a number that measures how acidic or alkaline a substance is on that scale of 0 to 14, with 0 being most acidic, 14 being most basic and 7 being neutral. We are classified as pH water or alkaline water.
3. Alkaline water is most beneficial as part of an alkaline diet.
4. Alkaline water typically has a pH of eight or nine. However, pH alone isn’t enough to impart substantial alkalinity to water. Alkaline water must also contain alkaline minerals and negative oxidation reduction potential (ORP). ORP is the ability of water to act as a pro- or antioxidant. The more negative the ORP value, the more antioxidizing it is.
5. Alkaline water has a higher pH level than regular drinking water. Because of this, some advocates of alkaline water believe it can neutralize the acid in the body. Normal drinking water generally has a neutral pH of 7, while much of what we [especially Americans] eat and drink contains acid.
6. Our pH is NATURALLY 9.5. In order to assume a higher pH than 9.5 in any alkaline water, there must be a chemical additive or it has been ionized. We’ve chosen to stay at 9.5 to maintain a
7. Our natural process houses mineral additives of Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, and trace amounts of sodium held in a biodegradable bottle.
8. The body absorbs Alkaline water easier than other waters.
9. Studies have shown Alkaline water to decrease blood viscosity allowing for healthier blood flow.
10. Alkaline water promotes heart health. With the heart as the most important organ in the body, and heart disease as the leading cause of death in the United States; The minerals in alkaline water help the heart function at its best.
11. Alkaline water helps fight high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes.
12. Alkaline water is believed to improve metabolism, increases energy, slow aging improve digestion and reduce bone loss.
13. Alkaline water reduces the Signs of aging by acting as an antioxidant, moisturizing the skin, and neutralizing free radicals.
14. Alkaline water lends itself to increased hydration, skin health and Detoxification.
15. Alkaline water promotes digestive health. Some proponents of alkaline water have been conducive to digestive health and colon cleansing.
16. Alkaline water offers Immune System Support. This places the body in a better position to fight off pathogens and infections.
17. Alkaline water improves Oxygenation. A study of 100 people showed that oxygen was delivered better throughout the body in a group of people consuming alkaline versus a group who had not.
18. Studies have shown that Alkaline water assists with recovery from hangovers and migraines.
19. Alkaline water fights Acid Reflux. Alkaline water seems to deactivate pepsin, which is stomach acid. Blocking pepsin is similar to what an antacid would do.
20. Alkaline water strengthens bones. Because alkaline water sometimes has minerals like calcium and magnesium in it, it can help strengthen and support bones. Many long-lived cultures have water sources that are rich in minerals. Drinking mineral-rich water over a lifetime supports long-term health and well-being.
21. Alkaline water promotes muscle health. Alkaline water improves muscle health because of its minerals. Alkaline water can help relax muscles and ease tense, cramped muscles. Drinking mineral-rich water helps the entire body function better.